Importance of Professional Teeth Whitening
Taking care of your teeth should not be overlooked. Anything you can do to improve the health of your mouth should be your priority.
In this era of cosmetic perfection and beauty, it is not only the health aspect of your teeth that will bother you. Every day people are finding importance in looking as good as they feel. To do this, modifications and adjustments have to be made even in teeth. This begins with simple dental procedures like teeth whitening.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
It is the involvement of a dentist or dental expert in the whitening of your teeth. This means consulting an expert’s opinion before going through with the whitening process.
Some people have found ways of whitening their teeth at home. For the most part, there is nothing wrong with natural ways of whitening teeth and maintaining a bright smile.
However, if you have to use whitening products and gels, you should seek an opinion from a teeth-whitening expert in Kennesaw GA.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
There is a reason professional teeth-whitening near you is offered by dentists and other dental experts. Much as your wants and preference will drive your desire to whiten your teeth, there is more to consider. Some aspects include:
- The health of your teeth – the primary concern of dental experts is the health of your teeth. Anything you do that goes overboard can compromise the health of your teeth. For example, without professional teeth whitening kits, you will opt for substandard ones. The consequence here is that you may affect the health of your teeth.
- Wearing out your teeth’s structure – the teeth have different layers that comprise their structure. With the wrong whitening kits and products, you can mess up the structure. In most cases, you end up thinning your enamel structure. This quickly results in other problems like hypersensitivity.
- Protection of the gum tissue – as you whiten your teeth, no harm should be placed on the gum tissue. The gums comprise soft tissues. This makes your gums prone to damage by harsh and abrasive products. When your teeth are professionally whitened, the dental experts have a special product that protects your gum tissue from damage.
- How much is too much? In teeth whitening, you have to be careful about how far you take it. While you have an ideal picture of how bright you want your smile to be, you have to take it slow. Dentists know just how much of the whitening products your need to get your teeth whitened. Remember, too much of anything is dangerous and has severe consequences.
- Faster results – the way professional teeth whitening is done differs from how you handle it on your own. For one, the results will be achieved faster. This is because dentists use lasers or ultraviolet lights to speed up the bleaching process. You will, therefore, only be exposed to the whitening products for a short while. The results will show up faster, with a lesser risk of damaging your teeth with the whitening products.
- For stubborn stains – some stains are loosely attached to the surfaces of your teeth. However, in some cases, stains can be deeply embedded into the fabric of the tooth’s enamel. Removing these stains with mere whitening products may not work out great for you. A dentist will first examine your teeth to determine which solution will best work for you. Besides, professional teeth whitening comprises different steps that will eventually get rid of all the stains. In other cases, a dentist may even recommend alternative cosmetic procedures like dental veneers or composites. These are helpful when you have very stubborn stains that resist the whitening process.
The advantage of professional teeth cleaning – of you are whitening your teeth at home, you will not have the advantage of professional deep teeth cleaning. Teeth cleaning is part of the whitening process. This is because some of the discolorations you may have may be due to plaque and tartar build-up on your teeth. In that case, cleaning up your teeth can instantly brighten up your smile. Pairing this with professional teeth whitening, therefore, has even better results for patients.